Weddings are completely booked up for 2021 and 2022. We are not taking bookings or visits for 2023 onwards.
Are you after a wedding with a Difference ?
We thrive on the unconventional wedding
Festival – Themed – Bohemian – Country – Alternative – Picnic – Or just plain Mad !
This is our style
Whatever you’re after, our creative and flexible team run by Fiona can help you to achieve it, so that your individuality shines through.
We’re situated in a sheltered, stunning valley near the beautiful thatched village of Broadhembury in the Blackdown hills.
Celebrate in our fairyland gardens and paddocks on our farm in Devon, surrounded by trees, including our magnificent single oak which can be decorated or highlighted wonderfully with coloured lights and fairy lights.
Our mixed flock of VERY tame pet sheep will be your only spectators ! For their peace of mind, we are afraid that we cannot have fireworks!
We cater for all budgets. Have a look at our prices page to see our basic package, and then build on to that to make your celebration exactly what you want and unique to you. We can organize everything you need. Call us to chat about your options.
The area is yours for setting up from the Wednesday before until the Monday after.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE!
- Apart from an amazing amount of enthusiasm from us
- A large grassy area surrounded by trees forming a magical circle
- A beautifully decorated bohemian barn with a bar
- A large covered verandah with lots of wicker seating
- A fully stocked cabin kitchen with an additional undercover area
- A covered pagoda style bbq with 2 large cooking areas
- Another area of decking for tents or just to cover in carpets and cushions
- A raised flat plateau where you can put our Moroccan tent, or tent of your choice (not included in venue price)
- Areas for more tents – available from us should you wish
- A beautifully tiled sunroom – great for buffets or a cake room!
- These form a circle around our firepit
- Festoon lights throughout the venue and twinkling lights in the trees
- Paddocks for camping – Guests can make the most of it and camp anytime from the Friday evening until Monday morning
- A special area with it’s own firepit to relax around during the set up week as well as the wedding day.
- The opportunity to hire our amazing fully furnished bell tents
- The loo and shower block is seconds away. Showers are for the bridal party unless otherwise arranged.
- All power and electricity
- Parking and two staff guiding vehicles
As far as catering and numbers go: We have a maximum of 250 people here, but due to the coziness of the site, smaller numbers are perfect here as well. We have had as few as 60 and it’s been wonderful.
We have marquees for hire which can fit up to 100 – 120 seated. However, many couples choose to keep it more casual and have some tables inside, some outside and blankets on the grass.
As far as food goes, you are welcome to do as much as you like yourselves, or we are very happy to either help, or do all of it ! We have our own experienced catering team who can offer you a range of wonderful menus and canapes. Whether you want a buffet, sit down lunch, whatever you like, we can arrange it for you, should you so choose. We also make a fab cream tea ! Then in the evening we can provide sit down, walkabout, or sit on a bale type food for those late night munchies. We have lots of choice ! Anything from gorgeous curries, chili and nachos to deluxe ploughmans, or falafels, pizzas, savoury crumpets, pulled pork, bbq – the list goes on….. and on ! How about an ice cream van ?
We also have a large walk in cold room for hire should you wish. It’s big enough to hold all of your food and prosecco!
Our Marquee and Tents
You have the choice between a white framed marquee, or a Moroccan marquee for you to hire, or you might wish to provide your own. We can help you as much as you like with decorations. We have lights, bunting, flags, props of all sorts, or you may wish to use your own. The white marquee measures 15m x 9m and can sit up to 120 on trestles or round tables. The Moroccan marquee measures 14m x 7m and can sit up to 100.
We have lots of other smaller tents to choose from should you wish to have a catering tent, workshop tent, tea tent, kids tent, face painting tent ………and more !
BELL TENTS and SHEPHERD’S HUT
We also have amazing bell tents all with different themes which you and your guests can hire. And a fabulous shepherd’s hut. Click here to see our selection.
PARKING is close, so no walking miles to the event. We will also provide 2 members of staff to co-ordinate parking and give assistance where necessary. Even closer parking can be arranged if needed.
In addition to your music, we can help with jugglers, comedians, face painters, story tellers, children’s craft areas, poi, drummers, musicians, whatever you want, we can get it. Your music can play until 1am after which you can swap to acousitc – to stop the sheep getting grumpy ! You can however, carry on in the barn for as long as you like. You and your runny mascara will not be horribly exposed at midnight with the sudden silence and bright light experience !
Make-up and Hair
Speaking of mascara ! Meet Ellen – our own amazing hair stylist and make-up artist. How would you, and maybe your Bridesmaids as well, like to be completely pampered and spoilt ready for your amazing wedding reception. Click here to see her page.
Our relaxed but professional approach means that you can sit back and love every moment of your special day.
Why not give Fiona a ring on 01404 841369 for a chat and maybe arrange to come round for a look.