Are you after a wedding with a Difference ?
We thrive on the unconventional wedding
Festival – Themed – Bohemian – Rustic- Alternative
We make your style our style
Whatever you’re after, our creative and flexible team run by Fiona and Gerry can help you to achieve it, allowing your individuality to shine through.
We’re situated in a sheltered, stunning valley near the beautiful thatched village of Broadhembury in the Blackdown hills of Devon.
Celebrate without curfews in our fairyland gardens and paddocks on our farm in Devon, surrounded by trees, and gorgeous countryside.
Our mixed flock of VERY tame pet sheep will be your only spectators!
The area is yours for setting up from the Wednesday before until the Monday after.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE!
- Apart from an amazing amount of enthusiasm from us
- Free wedding planner (me!) with help and advice from us from the day you book
- The freedom to accessorize the venue in any way you wish
- No midnight curfew on the Saturday night
- No corkage charge
- Access to the venue and camping for the bridal party from the Wednesday
- Camping for guests available from Friday to Monday including all of the facilities
- Easy access for camper vans and caravans
- (so 6 days exclusive use of the venue for your wedding)
- A luxury wedding bus complete with four poster bed for the couple
- Approx. 2 acres of gardens and paddocks with magnificent trees
- 9m x 18m lined marquee with panoramic windows
- A stage for your band or DJ
- Coconut matting throughout marquee
- All lighting in the marquee (festoons, paper lanterns and uplights)
- Festoon lighting throughout venue
- Disco lights
- A separate funky bohemian barn with a fully equipped bar, including glasses, where you can run your own free or donation bar
- A large covered verandah with lots of wicker seating
- A fully stocked cabin kitchen with an additional undercover area
- A covered pagoda style bbq with 2 large cooking grills, worktops, and large fridge. Charcoal included.
- A wooden open fronted field kitchen for your catering – fully stocked with ovens and everything required
- A large walk in chiller with multiple shelving and plenty of storage for food and drinks
- A beautifully tiled sunroom – great for buffets or a cake room
- These form a circle around our large firepit
- The opportunity to hire our amazing fully furnished bell tents
- The loo and shower block with a separate men’s urinal is seconds away.
- Separate Shower room exclusively for the use of the Bride on the Saturday morning
- All power and electricity with generator backup
- Parking and two staff guiding vehicles
- Well behaved dogs belonging to the bride and groom, and immediate family are welcome
- Easy access to all of the site
ALSO INCLUDED ON THE DAY
- A welcome drink with glasses included
- 2 members of staff to serve drinks, clear up and help throughout the day
- 5’6 round tables or trestles with white, or Indian style tablecloths
- Folding wooden chairs
- Large freezers
- Table tennis table, table football plus various lawn games
- Large firepit with wood included for the wedding day
- Attractive driftwood signage from the main road
- Festival style flags and loads of bunting and other decorations
- Approx. 40 small bales
- Plenty of garden furniture
- Disposal of rubbish and recycling
- No VAT on inhouse costs
What is not included, but in all cases we can organize this for you should you wish
- All catering. We are in contact with various chefs who offer delicious options which they would be very happy to chat through with you. Or you may prefer to choose your own caterers, or even do a certain amount yourselves.
- All sound equipment for your band or your own music. Again, we can organize this for you. We do have a PA and mic for speeches.
- Flowers. Meet Sally who produces gorgeous seasonal flower arrangements. See below for more information.
We have 10 of our own gorgeous bell tents for hire directly to your guests should you wish. These are fully furnished with proper mattresses and bedding, main carpet and rugs, furniture and funky decorations. They can sleep up to four. See below for details.
The Nitty Gritty!
So what does all this cost?
For everything that we have listed above the price of the entire package is £12,000
Just one important point to make for the peace of mind of our sheep is that we cannot have fireworks here.
As far as food goes, you are welcome to do as much or as little as you like yourselves. Otherwise I can put you in touch with various experienced chefs who would be happy to share some options with you.
- An Indian curry with a variety of dishes plus sides of dhal, sag aloo, naan and more
- A Lebanese style meal with marinated BBQ chicken skewers, gorgeous salads, hummus, baba ghanoush, Tzatziki, flatbreads and more served on platters on your tables.
- Mexican chili con carne with rice. Nachos starter with sour cream, guacamole and grated cheese.
- Summer buffet with a selection of salads, sandwiches, cold meats, salmon, dips, specialist breads etc
- A BBQ with a selection of meats, salads, breads and all accompaniments.
- Spicy pulled pork burgers with salads and bits!
- Thai curry with sticky rice or noodles and a chopped Thai salad with sesame garlic dressing
Remember, these are only examples. The chefs can help you with all sorts of ideas.
Vegetarians or anyone with dietary requirements will be catered for.
We can seat up to 150 on round tables or a cosy 180 on trestles in our marquee. You might want to keep it more casual with seating outside in the sun as well, or have a picnic on rugs on the lawns.
For late night munchies, if you like, chefs can produce a variety of choices. Falafels, Baked potatoes with fillings, chilli and nachos, burgers, chips and toppings….. the list goes on. Or you could hire in a van with pizzas, or fish and chips etc.
Our Marquee and Tents
Our tent measuring, 9m x 18m, is cradled in a gorgeous spot between an oak tree and a weeping willow. It has a pleated ivory lining, coconut matting on the floor and warm white festoon lighting with dimmers, uplighters and lantern lights. We will give you all the help you need with a seating plan. There are various disco lights to get the party going. You can choose whether you have a more traditional feel, or jazz it up into something completely different.
BELL TENTS and SHEPHERD’S HUT
We also have amazing bell tents all with different themes which you and your guests can hire. And a fabulous shepherd’s hut. Click here to see our selection.
I make seasonal flower arrangements from the flowers I grow on a small plot in Broadhembury. I’m passionate about growing and creating beautiful arrangements that are harmonious with the seasons and provide a symbiotic relationship with wildlife and insects. I grow all my flowers without the use of chemicals, favouring natural feeds like liquid seaweed and nettles, the polar opposite of imported chemically treated flowers that offer no scent and no personality.
I sow seed early with the help of a small poly tunnel, but my windowsills are still full throughout late winter and spring! I favour a natural style of arranging, preferring loose arrangements, set against plenty of foliage which adds both texture and movement. I enjoy foraging for hedgerow foliage to bring an arrangement together.
I can offer all sorts of options throughout your wedding venue, from small table posies, large dramatic urns, a colourful or under-stated wedding arch, home made sweet pea confetti and a memorable bridal bouquet. I am conscious of my carbon footprint, and deliver in an electric car. I would love to make your wedding even more beautiful and I am less that 1km away. Please look at examples of my work on Instagram and Facebook (see below).
Wood Lane flowers
07966873048 (or WhatsApp)
Woodlaneflowers.flowers insta and FB
ENTERTAINMENT AND MUSIC
In addition to your music, we can help with face painters, story tellers, children’s craft areas, poi, drummers, workshops, yoga sessions, whatever you want, we can probably get it. Your music can play until midnight in the marquee, then we move it into the barn. After that you can carry on for as long as you like. You and your runny mascara will not be horribly exposed at midnight with the sudden silence and bright light experience !
Make-up and Hair
Speaking of mascara ! Meet Ellen – our own amazing hair stylist and make-up artist. How would you, and maybe your Bridesmaids, like to be completely pampered and spoilt ready for your amazing wedding reception. Click here to see her page.
A Final Word
We are famous for our relaxed but professional approach. Just have a look at our testimonials to see what people are saying about us. We absolutely love our weddings and because of our personal approach we really get to know you which is what we love.
Why not give Fiona a ring on 01404 841369 for a chat and maybe arrange to come round for a look.